Benefits >> Browse Articles >> Career Development Assistance


Fulbright-Hays Faculty Research Abroad Program

Program Description
The Fulbright-Hays Faculty Research Abroad Program offers fellowships, through Institutions of Higher Education, to faculty members who propose to conduct research abroad in modern foreign languages and area studies to improve their skill in languages and knowledge of the culture of the people of these countries.

General Program Requirements
An individual is eligible to receive a fellowship if the individual — (a)(1) Is a citizen or national of the United States; or (2) Is a permanent resident of the United States; (b) Is employed by an institution of higher education; © Has been engaged in teaching relevant to his or her foreign language or area studies specialization for the two years immediately preceding the date of the award; (e) Proposes research relevant to his or her modern foreign language or area specialization which is not dissertation research for a doctoral degree; and (d) Possesses sufficient foreign language skills to carry out the research project.

Application Process
For more information, see the Program Contact Information below.

Program Contact Information
Headquarters Office:
Advanced Training and Research Team, International Education and Programs Service
U.S. Department of Education, 1990 K Street, NW 6TH Floor, Washington DC 20006/8521

Contact: Amy E. Wilson Telephone:

Managing Agency
U.S. Department of Education

Govcentral School Finder

Save time in your search for a degree program. Use Govcentral's School Finder to locate schools online and in your area.

* In the event that we cannot find a program from one of our partner schools that matches your specific area of interest, we may show schools with similar or unrelated programs.