Benefits >> Browse Articles >> Career Development Assistance


Fulbright Educational Exchange Program: University Lecturers (Professors) and Research Scholars

Program Description
Grants for professors (university lecturers) and research scholars are usually, although not always, for a full academic year, and generally tenable in one country. The lectureships permit the grantees to lecture, usually serving as visiting professors in institutions of higher learning. The research grants offer opportunities for U.S. citizens to undertake postdoctoral research at overseas universities, colleges, and certain research centers and institutes. Individual grants generally include round-trip transportation, for the grantee and in some cases for one or two dependents, a maintenance allowance payable in foreign currency where available, and an allowance for travel, books and services essential to the assignment.

General Program Requirements
In order to qualify for this benefit program, you must be a US citizen whose highest level/grade of education (completed) is doctoral or whose professional experience would be described as educator (teaching, training) at the college or university level.

Application Process For more information, see the Program Contact Information below.

Program Contact Information Applications can be obtained through this website:

You may also contact the program office directly:
Council for International Exchange of Scholars
3007 Tilden Street, N.W., Suite 5M
Washington, DC 20008

Managing Agency
U.S. Department of State

Govcentral School Finder

Save time in your search for a degree program. Use Govcentral's School Finder to locate schools online and in your area.

* In the event that we cannot find a program from one of our partner schools that matches your specific area of interest, we may show schools with similar or unrelated programs.