Security Clearances >> Browse Articles >> Enforcement & Investigation

Rate

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

November 19, 2007

USCIS is responsible for the administration of immigration and naturalization adjudication functions and establishing immigration services policies and priorities. These functions include: adjudication of immigrant visa petitions; adjudication of naturalization petitions; adjudication of asylum and refugee applications; adjudications performed at the service centers. USCIS was called Immigration and Naturalization Services (INS) before it became part of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in 2003.

Number of Employees

8,394

Career Fields

Types of Occupations

Search for Jobs

Click here for a current list of USCIS vacancies.

Agency Website

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Return to Top Ten Hiring Agencies page.

Rate

jemmincoaster

The best companies that are available to help people navigate the maze of data and documents that must be supported in continuing to remain permanently in the United States are helping to educate their customers migrants in the process.

chamber software

Schuwan

I currently have 20 years experience with the Texas Department of Criminal Justice as a psychologist treating sex offenders. I am trying to obtain a job with Homeland Security. My doctorate is in education; master's in psychology with a minor in sociology. Any suggestions will greatly be appreciated.

• Photo_user_banned_big

afolabi

helo govcentral i am olaniyi afolabi please am seeking for government job please if it available kindly contact me on neyo_af@yahoo.com and civil engineer under construction and i av the catificate, bcos i finish secondry school and also want to technical college so please kildy contact me there thanks................

Lanzillotti

Reminds me of M.C. Hammer's song: "CAN'T TOUCH THIS" It takes an act of Congress to get @ decent job today. Even the government is out-sourced. How sad, thats whats wrong with our country today. I'm from the old school and you used to apply directly for government jobs......There's some-thing wrong with this picture.

justryan

i am trying to get a job

justryan

i am trying to get a job with the government.

patrickcommunity

Your president and his Goverment are soo blessing for all kind of people world wide . and my ministry and me .
    we are sure that Georg w . Bush will be the winner 2008 thank you pastor patrick

patrickcommunity

Thank you for the Good Job USA Goverment do world wide. I sure you that your work is soo Good to us and t the every nation world wide . jus keep on doing that job . I wqant and apply for my job in your goverment. jus wriote to me . Rev Patrick Murund andieli
    p O BOx 2182-00202 KNH Nairobi Kenya. tel +254725982627
    email galilayacommunity@yahoo.com
    Please do any way you can support me to reach you. through your Immigration ofice . thank you Pastor Patrick Andieli

wheretogotofindwork

i am a former federal employee in the career of administrative assistant. please review my resume. i want to relocate and continue working for the government in the us, europe, asia, etc.

Constance Depew
    1115 E. Lyons St., 1R
    Milwaukee, WI 53202
    414-347-4199

Enclosed is my resume and at least one recommendation letter.

Please review for consideration of the position advertised.

To add to the information of education. I am a high school graduate but no degrees. I do have certificate courses in various retail, computer and literary composition courses. I have attended a junior college, technical college, and university to obtain thosee courses which were to enhance my employment at the time.

I can provide references upon request.

Please feel free to contact me for further information and I appreciate your consideration for the position.

Sincerely,

Constance Depew

OBJECTIVE: Seeking an administrative support position where my clerical, communication and problem solving skills can be effectively utiliaed to improve operations and contribute to company profits.

SUMMARY: Over 10 years of diverse industry experience including administrative support, retail sales, food service and hospitality.

CLERICAL: Ability to type 60 to 80 wpm. Provided administrative support including filing, distributin mail, managing multiphone systems, utilizing various software, word processing, coordinating meetings, providing customer service and compiling statistical data. Ecperienced with computerized payroll.

PURCHASING: Assisted with the administration of materials/vehicle operations. Monitored supply process including customer quotes, orders, bills of lading, expediting, shipping/receiving and invoicing.

RETAIL: Diverse industry exposure including defense contract administration, food service, pharmacy retail, and merchandising. Highly skilled in customer service, cash handling, inventory control and maintenance.

WORK
    EXPERIENCE:

Present Independence First, as a caregiver working currently for 3 clients part-time.
    Staffing Service Agencies in Milwaukee, Wisconsin as Adminitrative/Clerical Support.

1969 to 1989 Administrative Assistant for federal agencies in NY, Florida, Texas, Colorado, Alaska, Wisconsin. Office work performed in Social Security, Military installations as well as Housing Authority and Defense Coontract agencies.

angeleyes

I am currently seeking a jog with the government where i can advence my skills and benefit in the aea of my expertise if you have any job openings feel free to contact me at angelicprophetess@yahoo.com.