Premium Content for Members Only

Education >> Browse Articles >> featured

Find Federal Jobs For Your Major

37 Comments
Find Federal Jobs For Your Major

To help you choose the right career field, we have prepared the following articles that group federal jobs by appropriate academic majors. As you study the table, please keep these facts in mind:

1. The jobs listed under each major are usually examples, not an all-inclusive list.

2. Many jobs do not require a college degree; job-related experience is just as good.

3. You can qualify for a large number of administrative jobs with a degree in any academic major.

...

• Kim_max50

kjzobeck

I have a degree in General Criminal justice (which I got 3 years ago), and still can not find a job. What information can you give me on non-law enforcement positions I would qualify for (I do not want to work for law enforcement or corrections, but love the C.J. field).

• Pict3670_max50

duardonme

I have a degree in general geology. This site says I could be a geodisist or a geologist, but doesn't give explanation as to what the jobs would be...any help? Also It says that administrative jobs can be found with any degree. I am more interested in administrative positions....would the lack of a degree in that field hinder me?

• Picture_124_max50

Traveller37

DrSmith, I agree with you on linguistics. It's a science on it's own not just a foreign language. I should know 'cause i studied it. But it was part of my education not the whole of it.

• L_4a937eacfd6646939f4cb1cd26dc3b5c_max50

AlenaC66

I am working on a degree in Accounting. It seems like there is alot of Government jobs in accounting. It would be great if I could get one.

Jbishop07

I have a degree in comparative religion, and it says that program analyst is a job for such a major. What does that even consist of?

thompson_daniel

Is massage therapy considered a part of rehabilitation therapy?

mayuri221986

i want to work wid u and i also need help in money

Wimblie18

What about if you were to graduate with a bachelors in Criminology? I can't seem to find a job. I thought I'd have no problem finding work.

manwolf1950

I need help with my ed. money

• Pgm_pic_max50

paulinemcnaught

If source Inspection and quality engineering oversight is so critical, why are there no categories listed within this site with keywords QUALITY, MANUFACTURING, SUPPLIER QUALITY or Source Inspection and AUDITING?

• Rudy-1_max50

drsmith75

Linguistics could be added to the list. Some Universities look at it as strictly a Humanities sub-field, others don't.