Find Federal Jobs For Your Major
U.S. Office of Personnel Management
To help you choose the right career field, we have prepared the following articles that group federal jobs by appropriate academic majors. As you study the table, please keep these facts in mind:
1. The jobs listed under each major are usually examples, not an all-inclusive list.
2. Many jobs do not require a college degree; job-related experience is just as good.
3. You can qualify for a large number of administrative jobs with a degree in any academic major.
Check out your major to see a list of corresponding federal government positions.
- The 25 Federal Agencies Hiring the Fastest
- Top 25 Cities for Your Government Career
- Largest Federal Departments
- Ten Steps to Joining the US Government
- Federal Job Fairs: 2009 Listings
- Negotiating Your Way to a Higher Federal Salary
- 25 Highest Annual Salaries in Government
- Moving and Transitioning into Government Guide
- Federal KSA Writing Guide
Criminal Justice/Law Enforcement
Dietics and Nutrition
English and Literature
Fish, Game and Wildlife Management
Food Technology and Safety
Human Resource Management
Industrial Management Insurance
Management Information Systems
Natural Resource Management
Park and Recreation Management
Community or City Planning