Job Board >> Browse Articles >> Featured Jobs

Rate

Department of Veterans Affairs: Federal Jobs Overview

The VA administers programs involving health care, pensions, benefits and employment to aid U.S. veterans and their families, runs the veterans’ hospital system and operates our national cemeteries. Recent hiring has focused on attracting qualified health care professionals, claims examiners, and human resources specialists.

Number of Employees

205,542

Career Fields

Medical and Public Health
Security and Protection
Legal
Administration / Program Management

Engage

• VA Group

• Search for VA employees

• Write a VA employer review

Future Hiring Projections (FY 2007-09)

30,238

Top Five Occupations

Registered Nurse (11,321)
Physician (5,174)
Practical Nurse – LPN/VN (4,080)
Certified Nursing Assistant (3,564)
Pharmacist (1,847)

Related Content

Current Vacancies

Click here for a current list of Veterans Affairs vacancies.

Source

Partnership for Public Service, Where the Jobs Are: Mission Critical Opportunities for America, 2007.

Rate

terede

I am a veteran and I am currently in my junior year to be a HR manager, I have been applying for GS(civilan jobs) for over a year and I haven't heard or seen amything happening to my job applications. In my opinion, it seems that you have to know someone in the system to be able to get a job. Gov. jobs are about who you know and if they want to help you out. It does not matter if you are qualified or have the education, you will not get anywhere unless you know the right people.

Maria

• P1010307_max50

AmyMcknight36

My name is Amy and I would like to work for the Veterans Affairs in the medical sector. That is something I always enjoyed. I did medical assistant before joining the Army and would love to get back into the medical field. I am planning to go back to scool for Medical Administration/ billing and coding. I have an honorable discharge and Veterans preference. Please let me know if there are any openings that I may be able to be considered for. Thank you.

collielover

I am a PhD psychologist with 35 yrs experience..I have many years experience with PTSD and forensics as well as individual and group therapy..How can I find a job even part time or contract with the VA for returning vets or vets with problems inpatient or outpatient?

pferretti

I am a Vietnam Veteran. I am a Human Resource Manager with 20 years experience. How do I
    apply for HR at Veterans Administration?

D1anne

Would love to be employed with Federal Government. My father worked for them 32 years and my husband, who is fully disabled due to agent orange exposed prostrate cancer is very well taken care of by Vet Admin. I would love to work for them to continue my own care and offer the best that I can as a counselor, human resource administrator, or any field that the federal government thinks I would do best. I have a Masters in Liberal Arts with emphasis in consulting, counseling and research. A bechelors in psychology and business.

• Jeff_henry_superstretch_max50

jeffrey

My name is Jeff Henry and i would love to apply for a position in Veterans Affairs such as Medical and Public Health or Security and Protection.I am a U.S Marine with a Honorable Discharge i live never Veterans Affairs in Westwood California please E-mail me and call me for application 310-4286946// jhenryworkout@yahoo.com