Civil engineers perform civil engineering project planning duties, such as scheduling and layout of operations, planning for budget requirements, and inspection and surveillance of materials, methods, and equipment used in tests and/or construction. They organize, schedule, coordinate, and facilitate the timing, sequence, quality, quantity, and issues related to all such projects and work requests.
They also perform the following duties:
1) Facilities engineering management duties that include guidance, development, and coordination of programs for the planning, design, construction, and maintenance of facilities and structures.
2) Review construction project plans for practicability, availability of materials, and suitability of specifications.
3) Work with contractors to ensure adherence to construction specifications and administrative requirements, and to negotiate pricing changes, if necessary.
4) Prepare designs, technical drawings, sketches, and specifications.
5) Conducts safety compliance inspection and condition surveys in performing facilities engineering management duties.
Currently, most civil engineer vacancies are at the Department of Defense and the Department of the Interior. Agencies recruiting the most civil engineers are the Army Corps of Engineers, the Air Force Personnel Center, and the Bureau of Land Management.Salary Range
$55,894 – $72,665Series and Grade Find Jobs
Search Civil Engineer job listings.