Job Board >> Browse Articles >> featured

The Ultimate Government Job Search Tool

The Ultimate Government Job Search Tool

Kyle Stone | Associate Editor, GovCentral

We understand the complexities of searching for government jobs: countless websites to surf, countless application forms and resume submission pools, different approaches to contacting recruiters and agencies. It’s easy to get frustrated.

GovCentral’s editors have worked hard to come up new, fresh ways of organizing, ranking, and listing government job information. After pouring over dozens of labor reports, barely legible government spreadsheets, and government websites (many which apparently haven’t been updated since the 1990’s), we think we finally have it: the ultimate guide to searching for jobs.

Tailor Your Job Search to Your Exact Personality

Not willing to leave your state? Fine with us. Need guaranteed excitement in your job, day in and day out? Even easier. Want to know what jobs your library science degree qualifies you for? You’ve given us enough information to get you started.

Our goal is to provide every user with multiple methods of searching for jobs which actually work for them. Here’s what we’ve come up with so far:

Level

State-by-State Listings

Level

25 Fastest Growing Agencies

Level

5 Most Exciting Government Jobs

Level

Quiz Series: What’s Your Government Specialty?

• Bestdscard_max50

Mineo

? Supercard DSTWO | acekard I recently came accross your Acekard 2i blog and have M3i Zero been reading Supercard along. I thought AK2i I would leave my dstwo comment. I dont know DSTTi what to say except that R4i Gold I have enjoyed reading. Nice R4i blog. r4i-sdhc I will keep Ez flash visiting this blog R4 DS very often..DSTT | Acekard 3DS | Supercard 3DS | Supercard DSTWO 3DS | acekard

• Bestdscard_max50

Mineo

Funda iphone | Funda iPhone4 I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often ..Funda iPhone 4 | Funda iPhone4 | caso iphone 4G |Funda de iphone4 | Funda iphone | Funda iPad2 | Carcasa Iphone 4 | Accesorios iPhone | accesorios ipad | Accesorios iPhone 4G | Funda iPad2 | Funda iPad2 | Funda iPad2 | accesorios ipad2

J07111954

I applied for a position with the VA and was denied a interview because of the following:
    1.At the beginning of each application this is required to be check:
    I certify, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all the information in and submitted by me with my application for employment is true, complete, and made in good faith, and that I have truthfully and accurately represented my work experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and education (degrees, accomplishments, etc.). I understand that the information provided may be investigated. I understand that misrepresenting my experience or education, or providing false or fraudulent information in or with my application may be grounds for not hiring me or for firing me after I begin work. I also understand that false or fraudulent statements may be punishable by fine or imprisonment (18 U.S.C. 1001).

2.one more thing. why if at the beginning of the application it would not let you continue with the application. Then why if you did not mark the certification box at the end let you submit your application?

3. Prior to the last submission page now has a reminder with no accept or denie box, only a reminder of truethful statements. THE QUESTION 22 WITH THE CHECK MARK IS GONE. Could it be that this complaint has occured frequatley?
    4. With the old version with question 22, why does the system accept a non-checked box which means that you have permission to lie. The system accepts the application instead of either asking you again or will not let you submit the application.

i have contacted both iowa congressmen and have so far no luck. By the time I have them take care of it the position will be filled. I have sent a message to USAjob site complaint desk and they say "to bad"

HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

Karston1234

After pouring over dozens of labor reports, barely legible government spreadsheets, and government websites (many which apparently haven’t been updated since the 1990’s), we think we finally have it: the ultimate guide to searching for jobs.High School Diploma | Online GED | Online homeschooling | Earn Diploma | Accredited High School Diploma

• Yancy_max50

Yancey

The Ultimate Government Job Search Tool: is a good resource lots of useful information thanks.../

• Me-fd0000_max50