The Best Entry Level Government Jobs
Kyle Stone | GovCentral.com
Median Earnings: $31 / hr.
Description: Plan, direct, coordinate, or budget, usually through subordinate supervisory personnel, activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems. Participate in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversee its organization, scheduling, and implementation.
• Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
• Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
• Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
• Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports.
• Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients, representing the owner or developer.
• Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems.
• Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site.
• Building and Construction – Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
• Administration and Management – Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
• Customer and Personal Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Engineering and Technology – Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
• Design – Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.