The Best Entry Level Government Jobs
Kyle Stone | GovCentral.com
Median Earnings: $27 / hr
Description: Analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization.
Sample of reported job titles: Accounting Manager, Business Analyst, CPA (Certified Public Accountant), Certified Public Accountant, Cost Accountant, General Accountant, Staff Accountant
• Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
• Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements.
• Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
• Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
• Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
• Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
• Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
• Mathematics – Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
• Economics and Accounting – Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
• English Language – Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
• Customer and Personal Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Computers and Electronics – Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.