Premium Content for Members Only

Career Guides >> Browse Articles >> Government Job Search

Government Jobs: Extra Effort Can Pay Off

8 Comments
Government Jobs: Extra Effort Can Pay Off

Do you want an employer with an established reputation? Are good benefits and an even better retirement plan important to you? Do you want to make a difference? Consider a career with Uncle Sam.

sddsfd

over 1 year ago

==== ( http://www.netetrader.net ) =====

accept the Credit card and other

jordan shoes $32

Nike Shox R4 Shoes $36

Snow Boots $45

Moncler Down Jacket $80

LV Dust Coat $45

Sunglass $12

COACH Necklace $18

handbag $33

Porsche Boutique Shoes $60

more products

====( http://www.netetrader.net ) =====

• 24615092

Soarineagle

I am a veteran and I am trying to see how many other veterans would like to get together on a forum and discuss these situations. I also believe it is time to seriously stop this politicians from bickering. They are the 1% who feel we can't do anything. Well we can when it is time for re election. if your in your out regardless. If you don't work for the people once they put you in then your out. Keep doing this till they get the idea that the american people are not going to allow what has been going of for the last 40 yrs. if some vets agree lets establish a forum.

• 24615092

Soarineagle

the government has been on a hiring freeze so how can they be hiring. They accept your application and it goes in a deep void. I have been applying to every position I know I am qualified for and see alot of them are still being reviewed. That has been 16 months now.

• Mike_headshot1_max50

KzmrGC

I think this article is a little too optimistic. Following the instructions and dotting your i's and crossing your t's are mandatory, that's true. What they do not address is the sheer number of applicants per job posting, the preferences they apply in grading your application, and the excessive time lag between when you apply and when you're notified (if at all). It's not as easy as this article suggests. If you can't handle rejection, do not apply for federal jobs.

LisaSmith

Nice information regarding government job.It is very educative site with nice content. I really enjoyed reading this post.

• Larry_butler_front__2__sq90_max50

cowboy_1

I can't agree with the hiring spree. Recently Obama said the $15 trillion American defective is not changing, so he has know choice but to cut federal spending, especially to the military. When the stimulus bill was passed, everyone who has a SSN could have received $1,000,000 each. That is for everySSN per household. We could have all been debt free, yet the 1% got richer, and us 99% got r taxes raised. We have lost are federal raises for 2 years, and now to cut spending again, means another raise cut. Where is the hiring spree going to? Who exactly is going to benefit from this?

• Larry_butler_front__2__sq90_max50

cowboy_1

I didn't mean to mark this down, and I don't know how to fix it. Lol. My I-pad is new to me, and I can't figure the darn thing out quite yet. But I will eventually, so bear w/ me.

redleg319

Only issue is that if congress doesn't stop bickering, stop playing politics and do THEIR jobs, those of us who worked hard to get these jobs,including we GS-05s and below, and those about to get in or trying to get in will be furloughed or out of luck for a while. All the while our out for our interests elected officials still get their fat checks, and keep their jobs.
    They don't realize that if the emergency budget or budget doesn't pass that, and I'm staying in my lane here, I work for the Dept of the Army, that many operations will shut down or have to scale back in a way that could temporarily hurt unit/organizational missions until a solution is raised. Contractors are not the answer nor will they save money. The quality of service may go down and contracts run out, don't get renewed or canceled then what?
    Those who will keep their jobs if a furlough happens, more power to you, I have no quams with them such as the emergency services and guards etc.
    I don't care about, speaking for myself here, a pay freeze, step freeze, how much or little I make etc. I'm just happy, in this economy and time of joblessness ( I was there for a while), to have a job to be able to provide what I can for my family without extras or complaint.
    Just my half penny, it would have been my 2 cents before I retired from the Active Army. 90-10.
    Good luck and best wishes to all in this possible situation.