Career Guides >> Browse Articles >> Government Job Search

Rate

Growing Federal Jobs: Advanced Manufacturing

Growing Federal Jobs: Advanced Manufacturing

Kyle Stone | Associate Editor, GovCentral

Government jobs in manufacturing encourage creativity and analytical thinking. Ideas can be tested and implemented almost immediately, and the inspiration a single person brings to the job could spawn the newest development in government technology. For this reason, those who want a career that is meaningful, exciting and rewarding, should consider advanced manufacturing. Whether your interest lies in production, engineering or designing, experts say there will be plenty of demand in coming years for qualified candidates – women and men alike.

Most representative of US Government manufacturing companies say their biggest problem is finding qualified workers. If this problem isn’t fixed, the report states it will impact our nation’s economic well-being.

In Demand Occupations

Environmental Science and Protection Technicians
Projected Salary: $40,000
Employees Needed: 42,000
Projected Growth: 27+%
Average Education Level: <a href=“”http://govcentral.monster.com/tracking/int?landing_page=http://govcentral.monster.com/content/education-resources">College or Higher
Who’s Hiring: Air Force, Navy, Department of Defense, Environmental Protection Agency

Medical Equipment Repairers
Projected Salary: 50,000*
Employees Needed: 19,000
Projected Growth: 18% – 26%
Average Education Level: High School | Some College
Who’s Hiring: Air Force, Department of Veterans Affairs, Department of Health and Human Services

Industrial Engineers
Projected Salary: $68,000
Employees Needed: : 89,000
Projected Growth: 18% – 26%
Average Education Level: College or Higher
Who’s Hiring: Army, Navy

Technical Writers
Projected Salary: $63,000
Employees Needed: 24,000
Projected Growth: 18% – 26%
Average Education Level: College or Higher
Who’s Hiring: Army, Air Force, Department of Transportation, Department of Treasury

Logisticians
Projected Salary: $67,000
Employees Needed: 27,000
Projected Growth: 9% – 17%
Average Education Level: Some College or Higher
Army, National Guard, Department of Homeland Security, Federal Emergency Management Agency

How to Prepare

Since many manufacturing professionals take math and science courses starting in middle school, it is important to get a technologically driven education. Computer programming and technical design skills are currently very valuable as well.

For students with a firm grounding in the sciences, the opportunities are vast. When it comes to manufacturing, says Stefan Skibicki, Jr. of Lockheed Martin, Orlando, “we are only limited by our imaginations.

Information Compiled from CareerVoyages.gov and 2006-16 BLS Projections.

Previous Step Next Step
8: Education 6: Aerospace

Rate

phia14

Hello, I looking for a job in Logistic. I served in the army for 4 years as a 92A. I work in the wharehouse with duties such as inventory, shipping and recieving. I am looking for a full time position. Thank you. Please email me at sophiasoshi1980@yahoo.com

nunymama12

Hello
    My name is Neri Quinones
    I am looking for a full-time job in washington, I have work as police officer for 14 year, an 23 year military police National Guard ,warehouse office supply as a order dispatcher,packing,shipping and receiving,.warehouse manufacturing computer and electronic product . I can work at any time. Thank yuo for your consideration my e mail is neriq_12@yahoo.com.

manuelrivera

Hellow,
    My name is Manuel A. Rivera.
    I would like to obtain full-time in AutoCad Drafter with a company seeking a formally trained and skilled employee in autocad work, I got my certification in autocad at Florida National College and also I have certification in computer repair and Installer at the Miami Dade Community College, I have a lot of experience in Warehouses Clerk too. I'm now 52 years old.
    The cost of looking for a jobis high (gas) in traveling to one place to another for interviews.
    I wish I had some kind of luck some people has. Send me application to my address 685 East 2nd Ave #2 Hialeah, Fl 33010 or e-mail: manuel9999@comcast.net to schedule an interview at your convenience.
    Thank you for your consideration.
    Manuel A. Rivera

DELL

Hellow,
    My name is Dell!
    I would like to obtain full-time employment in the Electrical maintenance field / Controls Technician or even Management with a company seeking a formally trained and skilled employee in electrical work , but my skills are Management skills; machine and robotics operation; knowledge in digital electronics, PLC, and Allen-Bradley RSLogix500; basic computer skills including Microsoft Works, Word, Excel and PowerPoint only have some experience in these area because, I just Graudated with a Associate of Science in Electronics & Computer Technology
    Electrical Maintenance Specialty I would like to continue working and learning more for the future
    but know one will give me a chance here in my area the town I live at Evansville,IN.or my tri-state area. It took me almost 4 years to get my ASD And I belived that earned it. I'm now 44 years old.
    The cost of looking for a job is high (gas) in traveling to one place to another for interviews.
    I wish ,I had some kind of luck some people has.Send me application to my address 1145 North Green Acres Richland, IN 47634 or e-mail: dellpearson3497@sbcglobal.net to schedule an interview at your convenience.
    Thank you for your consideration.

• Bald-eagle-head_max50

McConnell

It is hard to find a job - but that's why we created these articles! Do you have the degree you need to get hired for a manufacturing position?

JEEP

this is great is goint to bee growin up real fast..

JEEP

i liket i want to work in manufaturing i graduate from criminal justice but is so hard to find i job.. but if you like i wan to work which you ... send to mee the aplication to bring my informacion my adresss is VIL;LA FONTANA PARK 5EE-2 PARQ MUNOS RIVERA CAROLINA PR...ZIP CODE 00983..